How Buyers Get Their Real Estate Agents to Fall in Love with Them
It's Valentine's Day Weekend and there is lots talk about what to do for that special someone in your life. Those of us in real estate business love it when a buyer falls in love with a house and the excitement grows. What a great Valentine gift that is! We love it when we have a cooperative buyer and everything goes as planned. And when a buyer follows the plan all tends to go more smoothly.
How can buyers get their real estate agents to fall in love with them? It is possible and happens more than you might think. It makes the transaction very special and worth remembering. Here are some suggestions to get your agent to love you as their special buyer and want to keep you as a client for life.
- Be honest and tell your agent your true motivations and desires. Be realistic. Have no hidden agendas and share your wishes too.
- Cooperate in getting pre-qualified with a lender and don't drag your feet. It is in your best interest and will help your negotiating power to have your financing in place. Sellers want to know a buyer is able to buy when they make the offer.
- Commit to your agent and allow your agent to represent you. When asked to sign a buyer representation agreement be willing. If you aren't willing then how can the agent share his knowledge and best advice?
- Be flexible and willing to make compromises. If your agent suggests looking at a home off your radar, be adventurous as it may be a great choice that you will make you fall in love.
- During the showings be respectful of the seller's property and homes. Remove your shoes in bad weather and leave things in the home as you found them. Don't pilfer through closets and cabinets or the refrigerator. Keep conversations to a minimum while on the property. Remember some sellers have surveillance cameras and recording devices.
- Arrive on time for the showings and if at all possible leave the children with a friend or sitter. This will allow the agent to focus on your needs and keep the showings on schedule.
- When making an offer forget all those stories you have been told about making low, low offers. Listen to your agent and follow the advice that is shared with you. Your agent is your advocate and wants the best for you in this situation.
- Don't be afraid to ask questions. Buying a home is new territory to many and even if you have bought and sold many homes it can change over time and area to area. Stay calm and let your agent know how you would like to be communicated with. Your agent will tell you what to expect next.
- After you reach a contract, cooperate fully with your lender and the title company to get you home closed on time. During the inspection period rely on the expertise of the home inspector and your agent to guide you through the contingency period.
- After closing write a review about your agent. This is how our business grows and telling your friends and family and sharing on social media has great value to us. We will love you for it.
Referrals are the best way to say thank you.
Are you thinking about buying a Clarksville TN home?
Then when you are ready to sell contact Clarksville TN Real Estate Agent, Debbie Reynolds at 931-320-6730.
it would be my pleasure to assist you!
"The Real Debbie Reynolds"
931-920-6730 or 931-320-6730
Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices-PenFed Realty
2503 Wilma Rudolph Blvd., Clarksville, TN 37040
©2015 BHH Affiliates, LLC. An independently owned and operated franchisee of BHH Affiliates, LLC.
Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices and the Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices symbol
are registered service marks of HomeServices of America, Inc.®
Equal Housing Opportunity.