Selling Your Clarksville Home, Think Skinny.
When you are getting ready to sell your home think lean, think skinny. By getting it right before you go on the market, your chances of a higher price, quicker sale and less negotiation are likely to happen.
I have been advising sellers for years on how to make their homes look their best for selling. Getting your home ready takes time, a plan and follow through, pretty much like making your mind up to lose weight or start an exercise plan.
Start By Thinking Skinny.
- Don't get overwhelmed. Keep the mental picture of how it is to look in your head. Just take it a step at a time. It takes time and each step may feel bigger than you thought it would be. Hang in there as the results won't show overnight. Call in extra help from friends if you need it. They will want to see you succeed, too.
- Allow yourself time to complete tasks and don't wait until the last minute. I have found that clean up projects take two to three times longer than you think. Don't get discouraged, hang with it. Just like a new diet, Think Skinny and the end result is worth it.
- Look at the overall picture, inside and out. It isn't just about cleaning out closets. Garages and storage buildings need to look clean and lean too. Those lumps and bumps of extra stuff will get noticed when a buyer starts to look hard at your home. Nearly empty storage spaces, Skinny Looking Spaces appeal to buyers and present more possibilities.
- Look at your home with fresh eyes, the eyes of a buyer. The first impression should be a good one and that means the front of the house, porch, landscape and front door should be the teaser of what is inside. Too much stuff on the porch or too much landscape will keep a buyer from seeing the real look of the house. Think Skinny.
- Work on each area room by room. Think Lean, Think Skinny. A lighter looks presents better and allows a buyer to envision living there. If you know of a problem, fix it. Buyer will be critical if they see problems and it will cost you on the offer.
Declutter by packing up non-essentials and move them off-site to storage, give them away or donate them. If you think they have no purpose throw them away. A spacious and clean, skinny look will impress buyers more so than a home full of decor and personal items.
- When you have given it all a fresh clean look, call in your agent or a close friend to render a verdict. It's a little like asking do I look fat in this dress. Be prepared to hear the truth. If you have more work to do, don't begrudge it, just do it. All of this effort will pay off with a quicker and better offer. Think Skinny.
Think Skinny When Selling Your Home
When you are ready to sell your Clarksville home or would like to search for a new Clarksville home, contact The Real Debbie Reynolds to get the best real estate advice available in the Clarksville area. 931-320-6730.
2130 Wilma Rudolph Blvd.
Clarksville, TN 37040
it would be my pleasure to assist you!
"The Real Debbie Reynolds"
931-771-9070 Office | 931-320-6730 Cell