What is a Motivated Seller?
We hear these words used often in the real estate industry but what does a motivate seller really look like from the real estate agent's perspective?
If the seller says he is very motivated, it means to us that he will do everything we ask of him to get it sold. That means full cooperation all the way through the selling process.
The following show motivation from a seller and not just lip service.
- Get the home ready for market including decluttering, deep cleaning, and doing some staging if necessary.
- If an obvious repair is needed it is in your best interest to do it before you go on the market to remove any objections or roadblocks from buyers that are looking and at the home inspection after the contract.
- Price it correctly for the market and even a little under market if you want to sell fast.
- Offer it on terms that are competitive with other homes that are listed.
- Make it available to show during all reasonable hours.
- Leave when there is going to be a showing and stay gone until the showing has finished.
- When an offer is submitted listen to the advice of your agent and be willing to compromise.
- Be prepared to move quickly and don't get stuck on principles over minor issues.
- Cooperate fully in providing documentation and any need information to help facilitate a sale.
- Realize that you get what you pay for and your agent is the expert and has the same goal to get it sold as you do.
Now all sellers want to get an offer and get it quickly. Getting the offer doesn't mean it is sold but the seller is one step closer. Motivated Sellers listen to their agents and take positive steps to get their home sold..
What Does a Motivated Seller Look Like?
If you are in the Clarksville TN real estate market, contact The Real Debbie Reynolds at 931-320-6730.
2130 Wilma Rudolph Blvd.
Clarksville, TN 37040
it would be my pleasure to assist you!
"The Real Debbie Reynolds"
931-771-9070 Office | 931-320-6730 Cell