Recollections from the Past
This weekend I have spent a lot of time with my grandsons and I found myself sounding a lot like my mother and grandmother did. I thought about the old sayings from the past that I heard so many times over. Many of them had some truth in them but some were to just scare us kids into doing their bidding. I am determined that I won't be saying these to my grandchildren.
Do you remember hearing any of these?
- If you don't brush your teeth they will rot and fall out.
- Stand up straight or you will be permanently bent over.
- Don't cross your eyes or they might stick.
- If you sit too close to the TV you will ruin your eyes.
- If you don't eat all your vegetables you won't grow tall and strong.
- You have to wait 30 minutes after eating before you can go swimming.
- Eating carrots will give you better night visions.
- Reading in the dark will damage your eyes.
- Drinking coffee will stunt your growth.
- If you keep making that bad face it may freeze that way.
What did you hear when you were growing up?
2130 Wilma Rudolph Blvd.
Clarksville, TN 37040
it would be my pleasure to assist you!
"The Real Debbie Reynolds"
931-771-9070 Office | 931-320-6730 Cell