Cleaning Tips for Making Your Home Ready for Market
When showing properties the very first thing I do is take a deep breath and smell. I want to smell a clean smell, no smoke and no pets. I want no cover up fragrances like potpourri, scented candles or air fresheners.
Some basic cleaning supplies work best and will leave your home sparkling. White vinegar is a must and so are cotton cleaning cloths (or old t-shirts or diapers, the cloth kind).
- Small nail holes in walls can be filled with white toothpaste or a little bit of cotton. Of course the wall needs to be a light neutral color.
- When you wash your cleaning rags do not use dryer sheets or fabric softener. These leave a residue and will cause a film to remain on glass.
- I use a lint roller to dust my drapes and curtains, the back and arms of chairs and sofas and lampshades. It does a great job.
- Wash anything glass, ceramic or metal in the dishwasher that is removable. Use the gentle cycle and place them on the top rack.
- My miracle cleaner is Dawn Dish Detergent. I clean sinks, bathtubs, countertops, windows, baseboards, fingerprints on walls by using a few drops of Dawn diluted in water then slightly dampening a cleaning rag. Use a light wipe or slight scrubbing action. Amazing. No rinsing is needed.
- You can also use a white vinegar and water solution (1 to 5) on mirrors, windows, faucets, sinks and porcelain fixtures. It works great on tile floors, too.
- Whirlpool tubs can be cleaned by dropping a dishwasher pod into a full bathtub of water and turning on the jets for a few minutes. It will sparkle.
- Old English Scratch Cover or lemon oil will make scratches on wood floors and furniture look better.
The better your home looks, the less resistance you will have on price and the quicker the sale. Remember, clean, clean, clean.
Contact Clarksville TN Real Estate Agent Debbie Reynolds at 931-320-6730.
2130 Wilma Rudolph Blvd.
Clarksville, TN 37040
it would be my pleasure to assist you!
"The Real Debbie Reynolds"
931-771-9070 Office | 931-320-6730 Cell