Mother's Day from Long Ago
Back over 50 years ago Mother's Day with my mom had a certain routine and it was her day and she could dictate what the family did.
The 60's were family times and our Traditional Mother's Day started like this.
- We got up early on this Sunday morning so we could fix breakfast for Mom instead of the other way around.
- We made homemade Mother's Day cards and Mom always showed such appreciation for these.
- We were on really good behavior the entire day. Mom wanted some peace and quiet.
- My dad got all us girls pink corsages to were to church indicating that our mom was living. Mom wore a red rose because her mom was also alive. Most of the girls and ladies at church would wear a flower and even some of the men.
- We went to church together and sat on each side of Mom, all five of us.
- After church we would go out to eat at whichever restaurant she chose.
- When we got home we would call our grandmother who lived out of state and wish her a Happy Mother's Day. It was an expensive call.
- We spent the rest of the day behaving and hanging around Mom.
I wish my Mom was still here so I could hang out with her. She was so smart and creative and loved us all. She lives on in my heart and I think about her nearly every day.
Mother's Day Memories
If you would like information on real estate in Clarksville TN contact Debbie Reynolds Clarksville TN Real Estate Agent at 931-320-6730.
2130 Wilma Rudolph Blvd.
Clarksville, TN 37040
it would be my pleasure to assist you!
"The Real Debbie Reynolds"
931-771-9070 Office | 931-320-6730 Cell