10 Fall Home Maintenance Tips to Prepare Your Home for Winter
Fall is here and before we know it we will have out winter jackets and boots on and scarves around out necks. Our homes need attention to get them ready for the colder temps so what better time than those sunny fall days with mild and pleasant weather?
The morning fogs and long shadows serve as a reminder that it is time to prepare for what is sure to come in a few weeks.
These 10 Fall Maintenance Tips are a guide to get you moving in the right direction for a safer and warmer fall and winter seasons inside your home.
- Windows and doors tend to get gaps over time around the edges. Check the caulk and weatherstripping for an airtight fit.
- Tree branches can cause damage to roofs and sides of homes. Trim branches, especially those in danger of hitting the home.
- Clean out the gutters. This may be the year you need to add the gutter guards so you never have to clean again. Check to see the gutters are securely attached. Direct downspouts away from drives and walkways so they will not ice over and create a hazard.
- Check roof shingles. A roof inspector can tell you if the roof is ready to withstand the harsher winter home.
- Winterize your lawn irrigation systems.
- Disconnect garden hoses. Water left in sprayers and hoses can split those and render them useless in the spring.
- Get heating systems serviced and checked for efficiency.
- Wood burning fireplaces should be checked and chimneys cleaned.
- Reverse the direction of your ceiling fans to help push the heat down which wil make the rooms feel warmer.
- Change batteries in all smoke, fire and carbon dioxide detectors.
10 Fall Home Maintenance Tips to Prepare Your Home for Colder Weather
When you are in the market for a new home, I am ready to help you. Contact Clarksville TN Real Estate Agent, Debbie Reynolds at 931-320-6730.
2130 Wilma Rudolph Blvd.
Clarksville, TN 37040
it would be my pleasure to assist you!
"The Real Debbie Reynolds"
931-771-9070 Office | 931-320-6730 Cell