10 Most Requested Features in High-End Clarksville Homes
The Internet, HGTV, and other design shows have led the way in introducing features that buyers want in the homes they purchase.
Some of these requests are non-negotiable and if the buyer doesn't get them, they will pass on the home. In Clarksville, a high-end home is near 500,000 or higher. If a buyer is paying that much they want to get all their boxes checked.
Take a look at the top features that are requested by Clarksville TN high-end buyers.
- A 3-car garage- The truth is they want a large 3-car or 4-car garage. Many people that buy this high-end homes have multiple vehicles and at least one of the bays need to have higher height clearances.
- Lofty ceilings- They want vaulted ceilings, plant shelves, coffered or stacked, tray ceilings. Adding high ceilings throughout the home also calls for more chandeliers and taller doors and bigger door openings.
- Hardwood floors- We are seeing buyers ask for hardwood throughout the home, even in bedrooms. Hardwood tends to grow rooms and makes for a very impressive look. Baths are seeing tiled walls and tile that looks like hardwood.
- Fireplaces- See-through fireplaces are on the top of the list as are real, chimneyed fireplaces that add architectural appeal outside the home. If there are gas logs, the logs had better be high quality and realistic looking.
- More than One Bedroom on the Main Floor- Even buyers with small children want to have a bedroom on the main floor for resale. The main floor master and at least one more bedroom allow for a guest room or bedroom for those small children to be near the parents.
- Deluxe Baths- This includes spa-size showers with multiple showerheads and jets. Large vanity spaces and designer fixtures make the baths look very special. There do need to be tubs in the house but if the shower is special enough, a buyer may forego it in the master bath.
- Energy Efficient Systems and Smart Systems- Buyers know the differences and want to know they are getting efficiency and security with systems that will save on utilities, be operable from a smartphone and security cameras and features that make traveling more worry-free.
- Cook's Kitchens- Premium Appliances with double ovens, quartz or granite tops, farmhouse sinks and plenty of cabinets are what buyers are looking for. The kitchen should have an island or bartop and gas cooking is most requested. Don't skimp on the faucet either.
- Outdoor Living Spaces- Whether it be a covered deck, patio or gazebo, and pool area, the buyer wants a place to enjoy and entertain. The nice landscape should be included to enhance and accent the exterior beauty of the home. On door hardware, lighting and plumbing fixtures buyers like this dark look. It is very trendy and rich looking and in many cases doesn't cost any more than chrome or satin.
- Underground Fencing or Wrought Iron Fencing- Pets, children, and security are on the minds of all buyers and in this price category, they want the fence included. It helps define the lot size and they want it in place from the day of closing.
These are most requested high-end features that Clarksville TN home buyers ask for.It is challenging to get these in a home under $500,000 so many buyers decide to custom build to get exactly what they want.
For Clarksville, TN Real Estate questions, contact Debbie Reynolds at 931-320-6730.
2130 Wilma Rudolph Blvd.
Clarksville, TN 37040
it would be my pleasure to assist you!
"The Real Debbie Reynolds"
931-771-9070 Office | 931-320-6730 Cell