Early Fall Home Maintenance for Your Tennessee Home
In Clarksville, we can feel and see the signs of fall coming. Leaves are beginning to fall and the fog is low in the morning skies. If you own a home in Tennessee and especially in Clarksville, it's time to start preparing your home for colder weather while the days are warm and there is no rain of blustery conditions. If you want to own a home in Clarksville, the market is still strong and inventory is actually better than it was in the spring. There is time to get settled before the cold weather arrives.
Though the leaves are just starting to change colors and fall, you don't want to wait too long because your home is the biggest investment you will make and you want it to safe and comfortable during the winter months.
Here are some Early Fall Maintenance Tips for your Clarksville Home.
- Check for breaks in the caulk around windows and door. Seal those gaps to keep air and moisture from coming inside.
- Clean gutters, make sure they are secure and check your gutter downspouts to make sure that the water will flow away from the house.
- Disconnect garden hoses and store them inside.
- Check to see that foundation vents and crawl space doors are closed before the hard freeze occur.
- Fall is the time to fertilize and prepare your lawn for spring.
- Winterize your irrigation system.
- Check for low lying branches close to the house and remove them.
- Service your heating and air system and change filters.
- Change batteries in your smoke detectors and CO2 detectors.
- Add weatherstripping to your doors.
- Clean carpets and ductwork to help improve air quality inside your home.
Early Fall Tips to Prepare Your Home for Winter
To sell your Clarksville home or buy a new home, contact the Real Debbie Reynolds at 931-320-6730.
2130 Wilma Rudolph Blvd.
Clarksville, TN 37040
it would be my pleasure to assist you!
"The Real Debbie Reynolds"
931-771-9070 Office | 931-320-6730 Cell